10 Dec 19
★★★★ Evening Standard | ★★★★ Time Out | ★★★★ Guardian
Performing at London's Trafalgar Studios, A Taste of Honey is a witty and moving depiction of working-class life in post-war Britain. The play was previously adapted into a BAFTA award-winning film, starring Rita Tushingham in her breakout role, which is often hailed as a classic of British New Wave cinema.
Directed by Olivier award-winner Bijan Sheibani, this bold new production features original music compositions - influenced by blues and soul - and rearranged songs from the jazz era performed live by the cast and accompanied by an on-stage band.
To be in with a chance of winning a pair of tickets, simply answer the following question:
• The prize is for one pair of best available Band A or Band B tickets for a performance of A Taste of Honey at Trafalgar Studios on one of the following dates, strictly subject to availability:
- Tuesday 7 January at 7.30pm
- Wednesday 8 January at 7.30pm
- Thursday 9 January at 7.30pm
-Friday 10 January at 7.30pm
• Tickets are non-transferable. No cash alternative is available. Travel and accommodation are not included
• The winner is responsible for any extra charges incurred whilst redeeming the prize
• Performance schedule and cast are subject to change without notice
• Picturehouse standard terms and conditions apply
See four recent classics of the genre at the one-day festival on Saturday, 7 September!
We speak to Director Taika Waititi on applying his unique world view in his latest film Jojo Rabbit.
This Saturday, all the way from the Metropolitan Opera House comes the story of the Pharoah who transformed ancient Egypt. Streamed into our cinemas Sat 23 Nov.
We talk to director Kasi Lemmons, Cynthia Erivo and Joe Alwyn.
From June to September, we bring you an array of inspiring and compelling documentaries.