20 Apr 20
At Picturehouse we are always looking to drive our menus on, working with fresh ingredients to deliver delicious and exciting new dishes. Currently, our Food and Beverage team are working (and tasting!) tirelessly to deliver a new mouth-watering menu. Join us in our endeavour and try our dish of the month at home, giving us feedback and suggestions for future dishes.
We understand at this time that all the ingredients might not be available so we have included some adaptations that can be sourced at your local food store.
Time: Ready in 30 Minutes
(Feel free to use any Asian vegetables)
1. Preheat your deep fat fryer to 180*c
2. Add 30g GF Flour with 2g Bicarbonate Soda, 2g Celery Salt, 3g Garlic Powder, 3g Coriander Powder and 3g Onion Powder to a mixing bowl. Combine with soda water to make a light batter. Try lemon tonic water for something a little different!
3. Dust the king prawns with GF Flour then coat in the light batter placing straight into the fryer for 2-3 minutes (or until golden brown and crisp). For best results only cook a few at a time and rest on a baking tray while cooking up more (try not to eat them while resting!)
4. Meanwhile, pan-fry the Asian vegetables in sesame oil and soy sauce until the vegetables are just tender while still retaining some crisp.
5. Plate up the prawns and vegetables with some sweet chilli sauce and sweet pepper drops then garnish with coriander, sesame seeds and fresh chilli.
Have your name go down in history - become a Founder Member now.
It’s that time of year again – time to take a look back at a year’s worth of great films and find out our favourites at Picturehouse.
It has become one of the most widely celebrated in Brando's acting career and one that is arguably more subtle and sensitive than his memorable "I could have been a contender" monologue.
We spoke to writer/director Francis Lee (God's Own Country).