20 Apr 20
At Picturehouse we are always looking to drive our menus on, working with fresh ingredients to deliver delicious and exciting new dishes. Currently, our Food and Beverage team are working (and tasting!) tirelessly to deliver a new mouth-watering menu. Join us in our endeavour and try our dish of the month at home, giving us feedback and suggestions for future dishes.
We understand at this time that all the ingredients might not be available so we have included some adaptations that can be sourced at your local food store.
Time: Ready in 30 Minutes
(Feel free to use any Asian vegetables)
1. Preheat your deep fat fryer to 180*c
2. Add 30g GF Flour with 2g Bicarbonate Soda, 2g Celery Salt, 3g Garlic Powder, 3g Coriander Powder and 3g Onion Powder to a mixing bowl. Combine with soda water to make a light batter. Try lemon tonic water for something a little different!
3. Dust the king prawns with GF Flour then coat in the light batter placing straight into the fryer for 2-3 minutes (or until golden brown and crisp). For best results only cook a few at a time and rest on a baking tray while cooking up more (try not to eat them while resting!)
4. Meanwhile, pan-fry the Asian vegetables in sesame oil and soy sauce until the vegetables are just tender while still retaining some crisp.
5. Plate up the prawns and vegetables with some sweet chilli sauce and sweet pepper drops then garnish with coriander, sesame seeds and fresh chilli.
Picturehouse News brings you all the 'must-sees' and 'book nows' so you need never miss a thing.
This October, celebrate Black History Month with the best of black cinema.
It’s with great sadness that Picturehouse Cinemas will be temporarily closing all cinemas from Friday 9 October.
Book now for Bellé Epoque and enter our competition to be in with a chance of winning a £100 Chanel voucher! T&C's apply.
Damon Wise talks about US sleeper hit Eighth Grade, a heart-melting study of teenage anxiety written and directed by YouTube comedian Bo Burnham.