14 Sep 21
We're very excited about The Finsbury Park Picture, the impressive mural by artist Dale Lewis that dons the entranceway of our brand new cinema. If you are under 12 you can enter our competition to win a framed spot forever on our walls next to or near our celebrated artist.
Can you create a fictional character that would feel at home amongst Dale Lewis' creations, inspired by The Finsbury Park Picture or by a film you've seen? Tell us all about them and why you think they ought to be there, as well as drawing and colouring your entry.
1. The drawing competition (the "Competition") is open to children living in the UK aged under twelve years old ("You").
2. To enter the Competition, You submit your finished picture to the below address by 5pm on Monday, January 31st 2022.
3. You can enter the Competition by sending your entry to the General Manager, Finsbury Park Picturehouse, Unit 1 Cinema LS, 17 City North Place, London, N4 3FU. You are responsible for the cost of sending your Competition entry to us.
4. When submitting your Competition entry, You must provide your name, age and address and the name and contact telephone number of your parent or guardian. We will only use this information in relation to the Competition (including checking your eligibility to enter it) and will not use it for any other purposes whatsoever. We will not keep this information for longer than is necessary for the operation of the Competition.
5. You may only send one entry to the Competition.
6. We must receive your entry to the Competition by 5pm on Monday 31st January 2022.
7. Employees or agents of Picturehouse Cinemas or their family members may not enter the Competition.
8. The serving General Manager will choose one winner.
9. The winning entrant will be the one the serving General Manager considers to be the most interesting, creative and original.
10. The serving General Manager's decision will be made on or before February 28th 2022. The decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. The original winning entry will be framed and hung in The Finsbury Park Picturehouse in a location deemed appropriate by the Serving General Manager with a plaque stating the winner's name and date of the competition.
12. You own the copyright to your Competition entry as its creator.
13. By submitting an entry to the Competition, You give Picturehouse: a. Permission for your entry to be used in social media and publicity for the cinema and grant Picturehouse a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide licence to republish your Competition entry in electronic format and hard copy for purposes connected with the Competition; and b. The right to use your name, age and town or city of residence for the sole purpose of identifying You as the author of your entry.
14. Sending in an entry to the Competition means that You accept these Terms and Conditions, which are the rules of the Competition. You should check with your parent or guardian that they are happy for You to enter the Competition based on these Terms and Conditions.
15. Picturehouse requires the consent in writing (which may include e-mail) of the parent or guardian of the author of a winning entry to publish that winning entry and the author's name, age and town or city of residence in Picturehouse marketing materials.
16. If Picturehouse does not receive written consent (which may include e-mail) from the parent or guardian of the author of a winning entry then we may award the prize to another entry for which we are able to gain such consent. The winner will be announced by social media and the parents of the winner contacted by email or telephone.
17. The winner will have their winning picture framed and hung in the Finsbury Park Picturehouse with a plaque detailing the winner's name, age and hometown.
18. The parents or guardians of the winner will be notified by telephone or email before March 13 2022.
19. A photo of the prize in situ will be sent to the winner.
20. The prizes cannot be exchanged or transferred by You and cannot be redeemed by You for cash or any other prizes.
21. We will substitute the prizes with other prizes of similar value in the event that the original prizes offered are not available.
22. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
23. We take no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt.
24. Your entry will not be returned to You.
25. Details of the winners can be obtained by emailing the Serving General Manager at [email protected] or sending a stamped addressed envelope to the following address: The General Manager, Finsbury Park Picturehouse Unit 1 Cinema LS 17 City North Place London N4 3FU
26. No purchase is necessary.
27. The Promoter of the Competition is Picturehouse Cinemas, 7th Floor, St Vincent House| Orange Street | London WC2H 7HH . Any complaints regarding the Competition should be sent to this address.
28. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude the liability of Picturehouse for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence.
29. Picturehouse accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by You as a result of entering the Competition or accepting the prize. Picturehouse further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to You or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Competition.
30. Picturehouse reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of Picturehouse in all matters under its control is final and binding.
31. Picturehouse shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
32. The Competition will be governed by English law.
As Sundance Film Festival: London returns to Picturehouse Central, we're taking this one on the road, you don't have to be in London to join in!
As Sundance Film Festival: London returns to Picturehouse Central, we're excited to welcome back Scala Radio as our Media Partner.
We're excited to welcome MOTH as our official Drinks Partner for this year’s Sundance Film Festival: London, taking place at Picturehouse Central from Thu 9 June to Sun 12 June.
Sundance Film Festival: London announces more films, live talks and the UK tour.
For the first time, Sundance Film Festival: London has introduced a Live Podcasts programme, where we're bringing the conversation from some of our favourite voices in film right to you.