1. This competition is only open to UK residents, excluding employees of Picturehouse Cinemas Limited or any of its subsidiary companies, their families, agents or anyone else connected with this promotion. No third party entries, bulk entries or entries submitted by agents will be accepted. Picturehouse Cinemas Limited reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants. Picturehouse Cinemas may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for the purpose of verifying the eligibility of an entry and the prize may be withheld until and unless Picturehouse Cinemas is satisfied with the verification.
2. Entrants must be over 18 and warrant such by entering this competition/prize draw.
3. Entries not complying with these terms and conditions will be invalid.
4. Entries received after the expiry date are invalid.
5. The instructions provided at the point of entry form part of the terms and conditions of this competition/prize draw, and in the event of a conflict, these terms and conditions take precedence.
6. Winner(s) will be notified of the expiry date specific to the competition/prize draw via email or through the Picturehouse Facebook page (in the case of the latter the winner(s) is/are responsible for seeking out the notification themselves), dependent upon the manner in which the competition/prize draw was entered. The announced winner(s) is/are responsible for contacting Picturehouse Cinemas within a week of such notification.
7. The announcement of the winner(s) will include contact details for the winner(s) to use in order to claim their prize.
8. In the event the announced winner(s) does not contact Picturehouse Cinemas within the deadline outlined above the company reserves the right to issue the prize to another entrant(s) and the original announced winner(s) will have no claim to any prize issued.
9. Picturehouse Cinemas will not be responsible for any inability of a prize winner to take up the specified prize.
10. Picturehouse Cinemas reserves the right to provide substitute prize(s) of similar value should the specified prize(s) become unavailable for reasons beyond its control. Cash or credit alternatives will not be offered. None of the prizes are transferable.
11. Picturehouse Cinemas accepts no responsibility for incorrectly completed, lost or delayed entries, notices, acceptances, tickets or other documents related to the prize(s). Incomplete, inaudible or illegible entries will be disqualified. Picturehouse Cinemas shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, internet access or anything else preventing entry to any competition.
12. In the event of fraud, abuse, and/or an error affecting the proper operation of this competition/prize draw, including the allocation of more prizes than are available, Picturehouse Cinemas reserves the right to end or suspend the competition/prize draw; amend these terms and conditions; declare void the notification of winner(s); and/or to allocate available prizes by conducting a simple draw from all wrongly allocated winners.
13. If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
14. The winner(s) may be required to participate in publicity connected with this competition/prize draw. It is a condition of entry that the winner(s) agree to their name and city of residence being made publicly available if they win.
15. Entrants' data will be collected, stored and processed for the purposes of administering and assessing this competition/prize draw.
16. Picturehouse Cinemas reserves the right to suspend, cancel or amend the competition/prize draw and/or review and revise these terms and conditions at any time without giving prior notice and by continuing to take part in the promotion subsequent to any revision of these terms and conditions, entrants shall be deemed to have agreed to any such new or amended terms.
17. This competition/prize draw is governed by English Law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
In the event of any inconstancy between the Deal Terms and the Standard Terms then the Deal Terms take precedent.
Tickets can be purchased via the Picturehouse Website, using the Phone Room or at the Cinema. Supplements charged for 3D films and the price of 3D glasses. Subject to Availability. Standard Terms of Admission apply ñ Managers decision is final. Normal age restrictions apply on film classification and the consumption of alcohol. Concession Discounts do not apply to promotional prices. Where no term is indicated in the Deal Terms then City Screen reserves the right to withdraw the promotion at any time by giving one months notice which will be communicated via this web page. Unless indicated otherwise all prices quoted are inclusive of VAT.
1.1 Membership shall have the following meanings:
1.2 The Membership is valid for one year from the date of purchase.
1.3 The free tickets and discounts can be used across the following cinemas:
1.3.1 Central: all Picturehouse Cinemas
1.3.2 London: all Picturehouse Cinemas except Picturehouse Central
1.3.3 Regional: all regional Picturehouse Cinemas except Picturehouse at National Media Museum
1.3.4 Bradford: Picturehouse at National Media Museum only
1.4 The free tickets cannot be used for premium-price events (such as Screen Arts shows) or free-list-suspended films.
1.5 Where free tickets are used for 3D films, the 3D supplement and cost of 3D glasses will need to be paid.
1.6 By signing up to Membership the Member consents to receive regular marketing communications from Picturehouse Cinemas Ltd. Subscription preferences can be changed in the Membership account area online. The Memberís details will not be passed on to any third parties.
2.1 You may apply for a Picturehouse Membership for yourself or any other person by completing the application form on the Picturehouse website or subscribing at the kiosk in a Picturehouse Cinema. By applying for the Membership you are expressly requesting that the Picturehouse annual subscription starts immediately on receipt of the email containing the temporary Membership number details.
2.2 The creation of an agreement between you and Picturehouse will only occur when Picturehouse confirms acceptance of your application and issues details of the Picturehouse Memberís temporary Membership number. If you have applied online and your application(s) is/are accepted, Picturehouse will send you (or if you are buying for someone else, the Picturehouse Member) an email containing the details of the temporary Membership number. If you have applied in a Picturehouse Cinema and your application(s) is/are accepted, Picturehouse will issue you with (a) Membership card(s).
2.3 You understand that by purchasing a Picturehouse Membership you are committing to pay the full annual subscription fee for the period of 12 months.
2.4 If you pay in accordance with the annual subscription fee, no refund of the annual subscription fee for the period which is paid in advance will be made unless you cancel as per clause 3.1.
2.5 To purchase and use a Picturehouse Student Membership, a valid student ID is required and may be requested at any time.
3.1 You may cancel the agreement at any time within 15 days from the date your application is accepted and the Picturehouse Member receives their email containing the temporary Membership number (as referred to in clause 2.2 above). This period is known as the cancellation period. If a Picturehouse Member has used their Membership card during the cancellation period they will be charged and must pay for any free tickets used and/or other costs incurred by Picturehouse arising from the visits to the cinema during that time.
3.2 To cancel, you will need to contact the Membership hotline by phone, or Picturehouse Cinemas in writing by email or post, and let us know of your decision to cancel within the cancellation period.
3.3 You will receive a full refund of any subscription fee paid, although we may choose to deduct any amounts payable for use of the Picturehouse Membership card as referred to in clause 3.1 above, in which case the amount refunded will be reduced accordingly.
4.1 In order to claim the relevant additional discounts and offers referred to below, the Picturehouse Member must show their valid Picturehouse Membership card at the appropriate Picturehouse Cinema Box Office or ticket and concession stand; or where the relevant discount or offer is available via the Picturehouse website, by inputting the relevant details on the website or Picturehouse App as directed. To use the Picturehouse Membership on the Picturehouse booking line, you will need the Picturehouse Membership number and will be required to pass security to access your account. The additional discounts and offers made available to holders of Picturehouse Membership are discretionary and may be withdrawn or amended at any time without notice.
4.2 The number, location and opening hours of Picturehouse Cinemas in any area may change during the subscription period. A list of current Picturehouse Cinemas is available from the Picturehouse website and the Membership helpline.
4.3 The Picturehouse Membership card is not transferable or for sharing, except the Membership Plus card, which can be given to any friend or family member. Only the Picturehouse Member and the Plus cardholder will be entitled to use their Membership card discounts and benefits: the Membership and Plus cards may not be used to obtain tickets or benefits for anyone else.
5.1 A valid Picturehouse Membership card entitles the holder to the following free tickets: Picturehouse Individual Membership includes four free tickets; Picturehouse Membership Plus includes eight free tickets; Picturehouse Student Membership includes two free tickets.
Picturehouse Membership free tickets cannot be used for premium events, and a 3D supplement will be payable on any 3D films.
5.2 Picturehouse Student Members receive a 25% discount on food and beverages, subject to exclusions of other promotions and special offers. All other purchased Memberships give the holder a 10% discount on food and beverages, subject to exclusions of other promotions and special offers. The discount is for the named Membership cardholder or Plus cardholder only. The discount is not applicable to group bills or party bookings. The manager&39;s decision is final.
5.3 All film screenings are subject to normal restrictions such as age certifications, and to Picturehouse Cinemasí Terms Of Admission. The Picturehouse Member shall have no preferential rights of access to any screenings, except special screenings organised for Picturehouse Members.
5.4 Picturehouse Members may book their tickets in advance in person at the Picturehouse Cinema for any programmed performances. To use the Picturehouse Membership card in the cinema, the Picturehouse Member must present it at a Picturehouse Cinema Box Office or ticket and concessions stand. The Picturehouse Membership card will be scanned to check its validity, and additional identification may be requested. If the Picturehouse Membership card is validated, the Picturehouse Member will be issued with a ticket for the chosen screening and time, with the relevant discount subject to availability. If the Picturehouse Membership card is not validated, the Picturehouse Member may be advised to contact the Membership helpline.
5.5 The Picturehouse Membership card must be shown when the tickets (including e-tickets) are checked before entering the relevant auditorium. Entrance will not be permitted without the Picturehouse Member presenting the Picturehouse Membership card.
6.1 The annual subscription renewal fee for each type of Picturehouse Membership card is available from the Picturehouse website, Picturehouse Cinemas and the Membership helpline. The annual subscription fee must be paid in advance. A renewal discount may be applicable if renewal is made prior to the end of the current subscription period.
6.2 Picturehouse reserves the right to increase the annual subscription fee.
7.1 If you choose to make continuous payment by Direct Debit with your bank, the Picturehouse Membership subscription will automatically continue and the subscription period will be extended for a further year. If the annual subscription charge has increased since the last Direct Debit, or if you are in your first year since initial subscription, you will be notified ten days prior to the Direct Debit being taken from your account. If the annual subscription has not changed, you will not receive notification.
7.2 If you want to change the bank account to be debited, you may telephone the Membership helpline to provide the new Direct Debit details. You will need to cancel your old Direct Debit instruction directly with your bank. You must give Picturehouse at least three weeks to process these changes. Picturehouse may charge a reasonable administration fee for processing changes to Direct Debit payment details.
8.1 The Picturehouse Member will need to telephone the Membership helpline as soon as possible to report any lost or stolen Picturehouse Membership card.
8.2 For the avoidance of doubt, no refunds will be given for cinema tickets purchased by the Picturehouse Member between the date the card was lost, stolen or damaged or a replacement card was requested and the date the Picturehouse Member receives his or her new card. Picturehouse Members will not be entitled to a discounted ticket until the replacement card has been received and is presented as necessary at a Picturehouse Cinema to obtain or collect tickets and to gain entry to the auditorium. A Picturehouse Member will be able to collect a replacement card at any Picturehouse Cinema, if the Member can pass security to allow staff to access the account.
9.1 Picturehouse may make minor changes to these conditions from time to time to correct errors, to clarify terms, to comply with any law or regulation that applies to us, or to update the conditions to reflect changes to the way our systems work or enhancements to the Picturehouse Membership scheme. You will not be specifically notified of such changes, but they will be on the Picturehouse website: to see the most up-to-date version of these conditions, please always check the Picturehouse website. No such changes shall disadvantage you or a Picturehouse Member.
9.2 Additionally, Picturehouse reserves the right to make other changes to the conditions by giving you at least one monthís prior written notice. Any such notification of a change shall be made by contacting you using the details you have provided.
10.1 You confirm that the personal information you provide that identifies you or the Picturehouse Member (including contact information) is accurate and complete, and that you are authorised to provide such personal information. It is your responsibility and the responsibility of the Picturehouse Member to ensure that such personal information is kept up to date, and Picturehouse will not be responsible for matters arising from errors or omissions in personal information at any time. You and the Picturehouse Member may update your own details at any time online via your respective Picturehouse accounts (where the relevant function is available) or by contacting the Membership helpline.
11.1 Picturehouse Cinemas may be closed on a permanent or temporary basis from time to time, including for refurbishment or due to a force majeure event (as described below). Details of such closures can be found on our social media channels or by calling the Membership helpline.
11.2 Picturehouse will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform or delay in performance that is caused by events outside its reasonable control (force majeure events), including any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident which may be due to the following:
11.2.1 Strikes, lockouts or other industrial action
11.2.2 Civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war or threat or preparation for war
11.2.3 Fire, explosion, adverse weather, snowfall, ice, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster
11.2.4 Disruption to or failure of the railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport
11.2.5 Disruption to or failure of public or private telecommunications networks, the Internet, utility supplies or postal services
11.2.6 Closure of or limited access to Picturehouse Cinemas on the grounds of Picturehouse Cinemasí reasonable health and safety concerns
11.2.7 Any governmental act, decree, legislation, regulation or restriction
11.3 Picturehouseís liability for its breach of the agreement is limited to the annual subscription fee.
11.4 If Picturehouse fails to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage that you or the Picturehouse Member suffers that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this agreement or failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable either if it is obvious that it will happen or if at the time of your application both you and we knew it might happen.
11.5 Picturehouse does not exclude or restrict its liability for fraud, or for death or personal injury resulting from its negligence or that of its agents, and nothing in this clause shall operate to exclude, restrict or limit this liability.