We are always very happy to welcome school and community groups into our cinemas. Whether you want to arrange a private showing of a film you're studying, a prize-giving ceremony, a bespoke educational event, a class reward trip or a screening of student work - our committed team will create an event that caters to your needs.
Here's some helpful information on how these screenings work:
We have a wide range of films available for schools to book for a private screening. We are also able to screen recent releases as long as they have been out of the cinema for at least 10 weeks. Unfortunately, we are unable to screen films that are currently playing in the cinema at a reduced rate.
You can also screen your own student work. For this, we require the film on DVD, or a digital format such as MP4, MKV or MOV at least 10 working days before your event to run a test through our systems.
We are able to arrange private screenings for school and community groups starting between 9.30am and 10.30am, Mon-Fri (subject to availability). Unfortunately, we are unable to organise private screenings later in the day or on weekends as this is when we have our public daily sessions.
If you would like to arrange a group booking for a film that is currently on release in the public programme, please call 0871 902 5747 to speak to our group bookings team (max one class).
We are very pleased to be able to offer schools and community groups discounted ticket prices for private screenings.
- Private Screening of a 2D film: £4.00 per student (min 65 students) or flat £260 for smaller groups. Free for accompanying staff (1:10 ratio).
- Private Screening of a 3D film: £5.30 per student (min 65 students) plus 70p per pair of 3D glasses required. For smaller groups, the flat rate is £344.50, plus 70p per pair of 3D glasses. Free for accompanying staff (1:10 ratio).
- Expert Speaker / Live Introduction: Additional speaker fee of £60
- Private Screening of Student Work: Prices start from £150+VAT per hour. A minimum of two hours may apply for bookings after 11am.
As our schools' screenings take place early morning before we open to the public, the cinemas' kiosk will not be open. If you would like to purchase drinks and snacks, this will need to be ordered in advance and we will then simply add the cost to your invoice when you are finalising your booking. Small popcorn and small squash combo is £1.80 each (not available at some venues).
We regret that no outside food or drink is permitted in the cinema.
To request a private screening, please complete our online booking form.
We require a minimum of 10 working days to arrange a private schools' screening. This gives us enough time to book in your film, confirm availability, arrange our staff rota and raise your invoice.
After you have requested a booking, our team will look into your enquiry and get back to you as quickly as possible. Please note that in busy periods, it may take up to 3 working days for a response.
Once we have responded to your enquiry, we are able to pencil you into our calendar for 5 working days only. Please note that your booking cannot be finalised until your invoice has been raised.
When you are ready to confirm your booking, we will email you an invoice along with basic information about your visit, payment details, a copy of our risk assessment and our terms and conditions - this will serve as your booking confirmation.
Once an invoice has been raised your booking is final and cannot be amended. Payment must be made on the day of the screening by cash, card, or cheque at the cinema directly. If paying by cheque, this must be made payable to ‘Picturehouse Cinemas Ltd’ . All cheques should have the invoice number clearly written on the back.
On receiving payment the cinema will be able to issue you with a receipt. Unfortunately we are unable to accept payment via BACS or over the phone.
- If you cancel a minimum of 10 working days before the event your invoice will be waived and, if appropriate, a refund will be made.
- If you cancel fewer than 10 working days before the event you will be subject to the full invoiced amount as per your invoice, as after this point we will have been charged for the film booking.
Please visit our FAQ section.request a booking